The summer is here and the opportunity to complete graduation requirements is upon us!
As per our requirements for graduation, for each year attending Greater New York Academy, students are required to perform 20 hours of community service per each year of attendance. This means, by the time your child completes Greater New York Academy after four years of attendance, they are required to have 80 hours of community service.
Community service hours must be documented and submitted using the Community Service Form enclosed with this letter. Please see the requirements for community service below:
- Community service form must be completely filled out, approved and signed by the supervisor of the activity. Forms will not be accepted if not completely filled out.
- Services must be voluntary. You cannot receive payment, a grade or incentives for services provided.
- Services cannot be performed for immediate family or relatives.
- Supervisor must clarify on the form the amount of hours performed.
Please note, we will validate with supervisor the services performed for community service.
Below please find some options available regarding opportunities to complete community service hours. Try to find opportunities that will impact your community and confirm ahead of time:
- Vacation Bible School
- Hospitals, Schools or Nursing Homes
- Pathfinders or other church-based outreach programs
- Tutoring or providing academic assistance
Please submit forms to the guidance office. Community service is a graduation requirement. It is recommended that students complete community service hours in a timely manner.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me directly at (718)639-1752, ext 115 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a happy and productive summer!
Link to form is below: